You are planning to get pregnant or you have just found out that you are pregnant? Let's meet and talk about your to-dos over the upcoming months.
- Finding a midwife - what a midwife actually does and how to find one. (One option is using this facebook group )
- Finding a doula - the proven benefits of a birth companion/ doula and how to find a good match.
- Finding an antenatal class - the importance of this class and the different options. Here's a list of classes covered by your insurance and in English.
- Gynecologist / OB - how the German public health insurance works in terms of check-ups. I can also come with you to the most important appointments for language and emotional support.
- Birthing places - Home, birthing centre, hospital, let's see what's the best fit for you and your family
- Paperwork - we review your papers in order to prepare everything for the birth certificate/visa for the new baby.
- Vater-/Mutterschaftsanerkennung - If you and your partner are not married, you might be interested in an acknowledgement of paternity. Some countries require also an acknowledgement of maternity. I can prepare everything for you and also accompany you to the meeting and help with translation.
Atalya - "Julia was recommended to me by a couple of friends while I was only 3 months pregnant and couldn't find a midwife for my midsummer baby. Unfortunately, she was already booked out, but thanks to her very generous nature, the contact was very fruitful. She was always there to answer questions and even helped two other friends of mine indirectly. I finally met her this week and what was meant to be “only” anxiety-free bureaucracy form-feeling session turned into an all-around very friendly and very helpful advice in all possible directions; from how to stick a thermometer in the bum, through politics and to interior design questions. I would recommend her to anyone any time!"